Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
videogames

[Image: gSRm_-pTQNo.jpg]
Getting more excited day by day Big Grin half a month to go :)
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
[Image: 293evxe.jpg]
[Image: 23u2cn8.jpg]
(10-26-2015, 05:44 PM)mrbobe Wrote:
Getting more excited day by day Big Grin half a month to go :)

I always love visiting pages like this to see the amazing web design these multibillion dollar companies pull off for inspiration. 
[Image: gSRm_-pTQNo.jpg]
Talking about Bethesda there are only two things I like about their games: 1) they leave huge fields with potential in their games empty 2) they give their game creation files for excessive modding, plus they allow mods. For example Skyrim was a bad game, very repetitive, boring after 100 hours of gaming but this
is going to be epic when it comes out.
Exactly, that is why I would wait with F4 after the modding kit and few patched are released. The games nowadays are developed so quick and for so wide player base that for me it's just unplayable. It will be also cheaper with less bugs and lots of level scaling, atmosphere adding mods so the waiting is worth it.
(10-27-2015, 12:37 AM)mrbobe Wrote:
Talking about Bethesda there are only two things I like about their games: 1) they leave huge fields with potential in their games empty 2) they give their game creation files for excessive modding, plus they allow mods. For example Skyrim was a bad game, very repetitive, boring after 100 hours of gaming but this
is going to be epic when it comes out.

I've been waiting for this to be released in full for ages also! Another great mod which keeps the game "vanilla" but completely changes it is this: 
?

Really recommend you try this!
I have already played one gameplay with this mod Big Grin, going through the first 30mins of the game for a second or third time is boring as hell.
I am nuts for old game boy games. Started a few years ago, I bought a trusty GBA SP with my first game and I can't stop ever since.
From the original brick to the GBA, I have quite a collection of cartridges including some great rarities. Home consoles are like PC games, but this one is a completely different world. So charming, it really satisfies a certain need in me that I never thought I have until I tried these. There area strong 30 games that make me feel blessed to know them, they are like my favourite books. They carry a certain charim you cannot hope to get out from a 3D game on a big monitor. It is really like a finely tuned oldtimer, basically an instrument of a vehicle compared to a modern day sportscar. No more advance needed in technology, just as a book, a musical instrument or a reliable pencil, this is also something that is materialized in it's best possible form as it was meant to be.

As for Fallout 4, I think that it was this game when the series finally lost it's charm for me. Who want's to manage a colony? I'm here to partake in an epic quest not to design interiors... Fallout offically turned into SIMS with this installment. Dialogue became very limiting and dumb and forces players to literally collect trash.

My favourites on the PC are mostly from between 1998-2003. Baldur's Gate series, Fallout 1-2, Heroes 3, Grim Fandango, the ever awesome Outcast and Nomad Soul... Games of today are mostly uninteresting, but there are a few gems still glittering in the dust like the first Dragon Age or Deus Ex HR. And just recently I got totally hooked on a marvel of a game called Darkest Dungeon. That one is something I never thought I would play in these dark years.
Also: If you ever dare to try the title called Void (also known as Tension), you're in for one of the best experience what you can get out of a game. In the first two hours it can feel too artsy and unnecessarily deep, seem almost desperate to be meaningful, but you have to proceed because eventually it turns to be really intriguing very fast and you soon know that you're into much more than you bargained for. As you proceed it carries you to places, gives you emotions that no other game can ever hope to implement on a player. You also get a very strong feeling that you HAVE to complete this game no matter what it takes. The beginning is hard as you have to do everything right (without even knowing what to do). First it's only about survival, you plan your moves carefully as the ingame time passes (first try is almost always ends up with a restart). But as you can make the luxury of turning your attention towards others besides you, that's when it steps to another level. Also the game gives you little information, sometimes even defferent ones that doesn't fit well with each other, and what really opened my eyes to see the geniousness of this game is the realization that all these pieces you get about the big picture are really just opinions and believes. It forces you to drop your mindset that you developed because of other games. The mindset that told you that you that the npc's are always right, and you're always right just because you're the protagonist with a goal and you realize that holy shit, you can't approach anything here with the same old simple mindset that you had in other games. As you proceed and see things from different angles and slowly decipher your role in all this, you soon start to realize that some are just as lost as you, even if they seem more confident. And I felt that relaisation to be mindblowing. Soon you began to came up with theories of your own and boy it turns out to be such a grand one, it is scary. And it's never said or shown, they somehow managed to make it develope inside you and that gained my respect. The sole reason that it was never played out as a trump card, never showed it in your face like a sudden twist, you just developed it on your own and it leaves it's mark on you.
Geez I can go on about for days really but have to stop. Oh, game's music is awesome too.
Just recently discovered this

The worlds first and only open infinite universe game. It's every explorers wet dream come true.