1th Q: 3M+
1th Q: 6M+
1th Q: 1Y+
2th Q: Friends
2th Q: L2 voting webs
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO something NEW or everything will probably DIE!
I would be interested to know how many people would start again if the GMs did decide to do something like Avolites idea and wiped the server.
If something like that ever did happen I would like to see lower rates, especially on quests as S grade is too easy to get at the moment in my opinion.

Personally I'm unsure if I would start over (and I don't think China would ever go with this idea) but I would like to know others thoughts on it... I think it could be fun if enough people were interested
FrankTheTank.
Titan
Sagittarius
Spectral Dancer

Heretic
(01-13-2017, 12:46 PM)Dazza Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
I would be interested to know how many people would start again if the GMs did decide to do something like Avolites idea and wiped the server.
If something like that ever did happen I would like to see lower rates, especially on quests as S grade is too easy to get at the moment in my opinion.

Personally I'm unsure if I would start over (and I don't think China would ever go with this idea)  but I would like to know others thoughts on it... I think it could be fun if enough people were interested

Hi.

I have also suggested this in many of my posts.
A wipe is not a simple wipe but also a restart.
I agree, would not feel right, since most of the servers wipe cuz of critical bugs, 0 pop or wipe every 6 months cuz they relaunch every 6 months.
I would say in our case we have the aging process. Too many players at high level (pensionaers ) and too few newbies.

Some  solutions could be:
 - a good ad-campaign to attract new people. The server is stable so ppl need to know about this
 - major helping stuff for newbies so ppl could catch up easily : like no grade armor/weapon, D armor/weapon, at least 100k adena at starting so they can buy freaking soulshots. and more buffs from the newbie guide (up to lvl 40).
- if demanded, 12x XP for lvl 1-20, 9X for 20-40 and normal XP for 40+) with the command /setxp : 8,9,10,11,12 etc.
- active server staff to investigate bots/issues/bugged teleports/characters stuck/etc

As I suggested, many players are high lvl, top geared already. This definetly discourages any new player or clan to join. if major boost for newbies isn't done, they won't come.
Personally I'd more 10 more happy to join a 250 FRESH PEOPLE server that barely started than a lol 500 with every1 full S (boxes as well full S and 3rd class) and not stand a chance in any close future (when you'll have S the othes 70 % will have S +10).

The major/critical issue is new playes don't join. If new players don't join, the old ones will leave 1 by 1 and server will be less populated shortly.

Imo l2dawn fits here perfectly. This is normal serwer with not the biggest community and with bugs. But noone can say that China dont give a crap. I was shocked when someone noticed lags and next day China woke up at 4 am and start to reinstall everything with broadcasting on twitch. That was great.
It has been discussed many times, China also pointed out that this is the first and last server that Dawn will provide.

My opinion is that starting another server with rates like 6x or so and merging those two in 1 year would be a good idea. Those who appriciate a server w/o wipe would have they low-populated server and there would be also many newcomer.

Well he gave like 2 years of his life for this project. I can totally understand he is not that enthusiastic about increasing it now.
For many casual players like me, wipe means goodbye to l2. I like that i can come back here whenever i want and actually do something. If there would not be highlighted that this server will not be wiped ever, i would never start here in the first place.
No, don't wipe. If you feel like te server is old it just means that your characters are too old. Delete them. Start anew.
I'm not coming back if a wipe happens. I have plans for my characters. If you cross my plans, I won't trust you anymore.
(01-14-2017, 10:27 AM)Warden Wrote:
No, don't wipe. If you feel like te server is old it just means that your characters are too old. Delete them. Start anew.
I'm not coming back if a wipe happens.  I have plans for my characters. If you cross my plans, I won't trust you anymore.

We will never wipe Dawn. We take great pride in our longevity. I also personally view wiping as counter consumer. 
[Image: gSRm_-pTQNo.jpg]
(01-15-2017, 12:31 AM)ChinaTown Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 10:27 AM)Warden Wrote:
I'm not coming back if a wipe happens.  I have plans for my characters. If you cross my plans, I won't trust you anymore.

We will never wipe Dawn. We take great pride in our longevity. I also personally view wiping as counter consumer. 

Thank you.
the topic is huge crap.. there are at least 20-30 new players looking for academy every week. my clan have about 5-6 new guys lvl 50 active.. the biggest plus of this server is that its old and stable.