(01-11-2017, 11:28 AM)Vokial Wrote: No starting advantage is necessary at all.
Increased rates until level 20? Good luck dropping the 5 basic material crafting recipes with your dwarf then. Even on x4 it's just barely doable before you outgrow the mobs dropping them by a lot. Other classes can be level 20 by the next hour if they know where to go.
Free soulshots? Why? Doesn't make sense. You recieve enough from the newbie helper or adventurer's guide and you can buy the rest from the dropped adena easily. And let's not put out the D, C-grade dwarfs out of business here. C-grade armor you can get by level 40 if you're class change is covered by the academy you're in. You can get the Karmian set by level 45 even without your clan's assistance by then. Shadow weapons are okay to use, don't be too picky.
No party? Join the random people in the catacombs or whatever. Or the members of your clan and ally. People being in your shoes or farming with their sub. OR FARM ALONE WITH YOUR BOX. THAT'S what you get for taking the easy route and playing on a server which allows the use of boxes. What a surprise: all the others will box too, and since like 95% of hunting grounds in this game are designed for solo players in a party, your character being fully buffed insta-healed and recharged by your box, can solo without a problem. If that would not be doable (like playing solo), people will be forced to form parties. With boxes that is not the case. Mobs die easily enough, so people prefer keeping all the loot and xp.
Get on par with the guys having a year advantage? Forget it. And you know what? How dare you. If you can't find joy and can't appreciate the progress of your character, then what the hell are you doing playing on a low-rate server? (especially Interlude) Since you're a beginner you're not meant to be as powerful, and equipment is not meant to be that easy to access. With time you can be on track, but as a beginner you should forget being competitive and just focus on where you are at the moment. Grow up, be patient and plan long term. If that is not to your liking, then you're like the self-centered, arrogant little prick that just graduated from high-school and complaining about not getting a job in the upper management.
Not to mention that starting on a year-old server with already developed clans and everything, it is much-MUCH easier than on a newly opened one, where there is no economy, no clans paying for your second class and helping you along the way. If that's not good enough for some, they deserve to be abandoned, I would never even recruit anyone bragging about this, like they are entitled to anything just because they clicked on the create character-button. Can we really expect any kind of loyalty from people like this? Not just towards a clan, but towards the server? They clearly make decisions based on who will give them more presents... Like it's our duty to prove ourselfes to newcomers. And I don't see how we prove anything to them by drowning them in free stuff.
Level 8 clans are already way above the necessary rep-points they need, they could totally roll in +10 Apella by now, they don't need you. So newcomers claiming to have balls should fight their battles waving their own dicks instead of craving others. Banding together joining smaller clans and forming a third side or whatever... if they really want to make an IMPACT. Because that would be a feat the whole server would benefit from. And THAT is the reason, that CHALLENGE is what should be inviting and alluring to newcomers.
Voters, don't sink that low and be a self-admitted no-grade ss beggar, please.
I don't know if this was reply for my post or just a reply.
The server has outgrew his starting life for many many months now.
- Making money with dwarf starting craft? Look at luxury shop :only 2 ppl selling cry D and C instead of 7-8 as it used to be 1 year ago when every1 was trying to get some money in any possible and basic way. Dwarfs already selling S craft for 300k or 1 adena in Goddard because most of them have the recipes so they just don't care anymore. You go make a dwarf now with no buffer, making level 50 and put it to giran. See how much money you'll make.
- Yes, free soulshots. Because the server is not new (but quite old) newcomers do not have that impatience to rush their progress & grind to lvl 40./B/A and be as decent and equal as others or be able to join with their clan mates parties. It's simple as that. At the beginning (rather new server), when most of clan mates are 50-60-70 yes, you do want to rush high level to party with them but when they'll max lvl and prefer to log a 78 box and play solo.. :) (Many people do this, ask around).
- Party? "OR FARM ALONE WITH YOUR BOX" . Then why bothering playing here if you play alone ?
- Get on par with the guys having a year advantage?
(and other stuff) "So newcomers claiming to have balls should fight their battles [...]". Yeah, whatever. ok: get 1 full party of newcomers to try to kill some random epic boss vs 2 random guys (not heroes) that db+3 f and 3-4 epics that hit 3-4k IZI on clean armors. Scrap that : have 1 new party of new comers vs 2 full s full epics veterans that just want that boss to fill up the clan's warehouse with more epics that don't get used.
- "Not to mention that starting on a year-old server with already developed clans and everything, it is much-MUCH easier than on a newly opened one" . Clans offer adena reward after 4 weeks of a new started server. PS : 2 clans only recruit here one, one of witch only high level.
Maybe you played a bit too long on the server and if you "struggled" every1 else has to struggle. I admit some dedication is needed from new players but the mass of players is debalansed 80% high level 20 % lowbies and the income of new players is poorly.
The server has to be attractive for newcomers to join and to allow them to at least catch up with XP quite fast ...
(01-11-2017, 01:25 PM)Hassassin Wrote: No, it distinguishes no lifers / kids (I don't think they got a job) from normal people. Plus, even if u know TOD that doesn't mean you will succeed.
I know how the thing is with those subclass raids. The best thing would be to try to get them during the weekend (if you don't work weekends).
It could be worse. Because I also work mon-Friday and I am in the same situation like you, I struggled as well for subclass.
Later to find out that baium had a 16 hours respawn window. This was too incensitive so I have made a forum request/petition, other forums users agreed and GM changed the baium window to max 8 hours.
Just hang on in there. The very best thing you can do is camp it and check it when you are available. Arm yourself with some good chillout music.