Poll: Extra benefits to the newbies?
Yes, let's make it more friendly for them.
No, let them feel the Korean rice fields.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do new players need any other extra benefits?
(01-09-2017, 02:56 PM)Hassassin Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
it is like asking an online count function

Exactly! I did this in the first hour of gameplay because YES, for me the population matters and if I would've saw Giran empty at that time I would've continue searching for a server.
I don't know about you, but when I search for a server I cut down through them to just a few and check them by turn. OFC Giran state is one of the most important criteria since it's a decent population predictor.
naBster Wrote:
Hassassin Wrote:it is like asking an online count function

Exactly! I did this in the first hour of gameplay because YES, for me the population matters and if I would've saw Giran empty at that time I would've continue searching for a server.
I don't know about you, but when I search for a server I cut down through them to just a few and check them by turn. OFC Giran state is one of the most important criteria since it's a decent population predictor.

I agree that Giran is a population predictor, and I did search for several servers until I reached dawn. Many russian ones, dex servers which I found out that are wiped periodically and so on. I've chosen dawn after aggregating many factors, population was not exactly the "selling point" for me.
It takes literally 2 minutes to complete the newbie quest for a soe to Giran...
(01-09-2017, 10:09 AM)Hassassin Wrote:
My suggestion: display somewhere time of death for subclass raids so that if we take a day off to have a chance to catch em.

Totally agree with you on that one, its already hard enough to either find a group to kill the raids or wait for some other clan to kill them. Not to mention the fact that the top tier pvp clans seem to like pking players waiting for those boss kills. (Maybe only my personal experience tho).

So, if we had timers to know when they got killed, that would help a lot.
Timers were added a few months ago but were pulled down due to a large disagreement from the very same players. 10 players ask us to do something, we do and then we get an outcry of 20 others against it.
[Image: useless-box-o.gif]
I'm thinking of something like donate an amount to have those TOD's for a week(s)/month for instance. At least to be able to finish your sub. Please give it a thought.
(01-09-2017, 02:30 PM)naBster Wrote:
I was thinking what did I miss when I started. You see.. IL is very friendly with the newbie. You get free weapons (shadow) until A grade, armors are cheap, buffs in CH/newbie helper and u get enough adena for shots and other consumables.
The only thing that I really missed was adena for my first tp to Giran to check the server so I know if I wanted to play here or not, but some player gave me like 50k so not even this would be such a problem.
But I would've rly appreciated 1 normal SOE and 1 Giran SOE(mb untradeable so no1 abuses this lel). The ss are a nice touch btw :)

You get those @ lvl 5 quest. You talk to 2 npcs and get 1 soe to giran and in giran talk with 3 npcs and get soe back to starting village (eg ;ORCS have into the city of humans quest).

Well, in a nutshell :
- Teleports are ok via Fantasy Island
- Could use like 15k SSD / 10k BSSD as starting back
- Could use some bind-on-character top no grade / D grade / C grade armor to hit to 45.
- Maybe 12X rate for lvl 1-20 , 9X for lvl 20-40 and normal XP after lvl 40. These tables can be adjusted to maybe lvl 50.

Why ?
-> Server is old. Not many newbies start here. If the server was 4-5 months, would have been ok. Real question which a person actually asked me : "Q :How old the server is? A: XY months ; Reply : Pff..every1 full S).

-> All players are high level already with full gear, full subclass, full epics : so no1 farms at lvls 40-65 so they will just have no party.

If you wish to have new players, server must be wiped and a proper advertising campaign can be made.
No worries if many will leave, more will join.

I was just talking with some1 who started like 3-4 weeks ago. He was a bit pissed and asked me this question :"How long do I (him) have to farm to even barely catch up with the others ? Months? Years ? I don't think it worths investing this time here". Unfortunatelly, this question is correct. At the current age, it is more like a full pvp server low rate. On a 10.000x server, every1 stands a chance and are equal (same armors from GM shop) but here compared to some ppl that farmed the server for months and months .. you get my point.
(01-11-2017, 03:02 AM)sazzy3 Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 02:30 PM)naBster Wrote:
I was thinking what did I miss when I started. You see.. IL is very friendly with the newbie. You get free weapons (shadow) until A grade, armors are cheap, buffs in CH/newbie helper and u get enough adena for shots and other consumables.
The only thing that I really missed was adena for my first tp to Giran to check the server so I know if I wanted to play here or not, but some player gave me like 50k so not even this would be such a problem.
But I would've rly appreciated 1 normal SOE and 1 Giran SOE(mb untradeable so no1 abuses this lel). The ss are a nice touch btw :)

You get those @ lvl 5 quest. You talk to 2 npcs and get 1 soe to giran and in giran talk with 3 npcs and get soe back to starting village (eg ;ORCS have into the city of humans quest).

Well, in a nutshell :
- Teleports are ok via Fantasy Island
- Could use like 15k SSD / 10k BSSD as starting back
- Could use some bind-on-character top no grade / D grade / C grade armor to hit to 45.
- Maybe 12X rate for lvl 1-20 , 9X for lvl 20-40 and normal XP after lvl 40. These tables can be adjusted to maybe lvl 50.

Why ?
-> Server is old. Not many newbies start here. If the server was 4-5 months, would have been ok. Real question which a person actually asked me : "Q :How old the server is? A: XY months ; Reply : Pff..every1 full S).

-> All players are high level already with full gear, full subclass, full epics : so no1 farms at lvls 40-65 so they will just have no party.

If you wish to have new players, server must be wiped and a proper advertising campaign can be made.
No worries if many will leave, more will join.

I was just talking with some1 who started like 3-4 weeks ago. He was a bit pissed and asked me this question :"How long do I (him) have to farm to even barely catch up with the others ? Months? Years ? I don't think it worths investing this time here". Unfortunatelly, this question is correct. At the current age, it is more like a full pvp server low rate. On a 10.000x server, every1 stands a chance and are equal (same armors from GM shop) but here compared to some ppl that farmed the server for months and months .. you get my point.

I joined the server because a no wipe policy. If it is wiped I will never join back.
You could also increase herb buffs duration and make them droppable from all low lvl mobs.
No starting advantage is necessary at all.
Increased rates until level 20? Good luck dropping the 5 basic material crafting recipes with your dwarf then. Even on x4 it's just barely doable before you outgrow the mobs dropping them by a lot. Other classes can be level 20 by the next hour if they know where to go.
Free soulshots? Why? Doesn't make sense. You recieve enough from the newbie helper or adventurer's guide and you can buy the rest from the dropped adena easily. And let's not put out the D, C-grade dwarfs out of business here. C-grade armor you can get by level 40 if you're class change is covered by the academy you're in. You can get the Karmian set by level 45 even without your clan's assistance by then. Shadow weapons are okay to use, don't be too picky.
No party? Join the random people in the catacombs or whatever. Or the members of your clan and ally. People being in your shoes or farming with their sub. OR FARM ALONE WITH YOUR BOX. THAT'S what you get for taking the easy route and playing on a server which allows the use of boxes. What a surprise: all the others will box too, and since like 95% of hunting grounds in this game are designed for solo players in a party, your character being fully buffed insta-healed and recharged by your box, can solo without a problem. If that would not be doable (like playing solo), people will be forced to form parties. With boxes that is not the case. Mobs die easily enough, so people prefer keeping all the loot and xp.

Get on par with the guys having a year advantage? Forget it. And you know what? How dare you. If you can't find joy and can't appreciate the progress of your character, then what the hell are you doing playing on a low-rate server? (especially Interlude) Since you're a beginner you're not meant to be as powerful, and equipment is not meant to be that easy to access. With time you can be on track, but as a beginner you should forget being competitive and just focus on where you are at the moment. Grow up, be patient and plan long term. If that is not to your liking, then you're like the self-centered, arrogant little prick that just graduated from high-school and complaining about not getting a job in the upper management.
Not to mention that starting on a year-old server with already developed clans and everything, it is much-MUCH easier than on a newly opened one, where there is no economy, no clans paying for your second class and helping you along the way. If that's not good enough for some, they deserve to be abandoned, I would never even recruit anyone bragging about this, like they are entitled to anything just because they clicked on the create character-button. Can we really expect any kind of loyalty from people like this? Not just towards a clan, but towards the server? They clearly make decisions based on who will give them more presents... Like it's our duty to prove ourselfes to newcomers. And I don't see how we prove anything to them by drowning them in free stuff.
Level 8 clans are already way above the necessary rep-points they need, they could totally roll in +10 Apella by now, they don't need you. So newcomers claiming to have balls should fight their battles waving their own dicks instead of craving others. Banding together joining smaller clans and forming a third side or whatever... if they really want to make an IMPACT. Because that would be a feat the whole server would benefit from. And THAT is the reason, that CHALLENGE is what should be inviting and alluring to newcomers.
Voters, don't sink that low and be a self-admitted no-grade ss beggar, please.