Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gear Questions
So I and my wife are almost level 20 and really enjoying the server so far. I have some questions on how gear works.

1. How do you get D, C B etc.. gear? Can you buy it from npc stores? is it only craftable? Rare drops? Dungeons?

2. As someone not interested in crafting/personal shops, what is the best way to make adena? Events? Grinding mobs? Dungeons?

(Btw, maybe we are just taking our time and learning the game but for people saying they can hit level 20 in 30 minutes, I cannot see how, lol. We're about 5-6 hours of playtime in and still not quite 20.)

Thanks.
(01-04-2017, 10:01 PM)Wolfheart Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
So I and my wife are almost level 20 and really enjoying the server so far. I have some questions on how gear works.

1. How do you get D, C B etc.. gear? Can you buy it from npc stores? is it only craftable? Rare drops? Dungeons?

2. As someone not interested in crafting/personal shops, what is the best way to make adena? Events? Grinding mobs? Dungeons?

(Btw, maybe we are just taking our time and learning the game but for people saying they can hit level 20 in 30 minutes, I cannot see how, lol. We're about 5-6 hours of playtime in and still not quite 20.)

Thanks.

1. I would suggest that you get shadow D gr weapons. Once you complete your 1st class change (costs 100k and you can buy the quest item from Fantasy island - bottom teleport at GK), you will get 15 coupons D gr. You can trade them for weapons in the weapon store in Giran. This is the cheapest option. I don't know what classes you and your wife have chosen to play, but I'd suggest you get shadow weapons and save the adena for class change + at least 1 armor D gr. C gr you can buy either from players or from the luxury shop in Giran. B/A/S you have to craft or hope to drop, but the server is so old that everything can be found on the market and on a decent price too...

2. As I said in your other thread already, I just started here yesterday myself. I make adena by seeding and selling the mats. Once again, I am not sure what classes you guys are, it is much more convenient to seed if you are a fighter (melee) than a mage or an archer. Basically, you go to the manor in each town, check what seeds they have for sale, what each seed gives as a reward and you "plant" the seed into the monster you kill, then you harvest the crop and sell it to the Manor. Note: You gotta be careful about level ranges and territory limitations when seeding. Personally, I believe this is the easiest way to make money without having to create a spoiler and/or crafter.

Almost forgot, make sure you join an academy! Usually clan leaders pay upon graduation and the rewards are quite generous (3kk or so.. just enough to afford to buy 2nd class transfer)

Hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else you might need and good luck!)
I am a dark elf fighter but using a two handed sword which I plan to continue doing whether it is optimal or not because that's how I roll. ;) 15 coupons? Meaning each weapon costs a certain number of coupons? That sounds good if I can get my weapons that way. Also, what is an academy? I thought clans were the guilds? Man, so much to learn in this game... Anyway, thanks for all the info. Good to know.
Academy is clan's kindergarten.
"Let me live before I die" - Mozz
(01-04-2017, 11:12 PM)Wolfheart Wrote:
I am a dark elf fighter but using a two handed sword which I plan to continue doing whether it is optimal or not because that's how I roll. ;) 15 coupons? Meaning each weapon costs a certain number of coupons? That sounds good if I can get my weapons that way. Also, what is an academy? I thought clans were the guilds? Man, so much to learn in this game... Anyway, thanks for all the info. Good to know.

Each weapon "costs" 1 coupon, so technically you can buy up to 15. However, shadow weapons have "mana" or time remaining. They disappear after certain period of time. Only characters below 40 can join academies, which are part of clans. Once you become lvl 40 and change your 2nd class, you automatically get kicked from the academy and the clan to which the academy belongs receives clan reputation points that it can use for clan skills, etc. This is why they usually pay graduates. When you get you a chance, make sure its not too late tho, go to Giran and shout that you are looking for an academy + reward for 2 (or as many as you have) chars. As I said, they usually pay 3kk per char, which will be just enough to buy the 2nd class.
Thanks guys
(01-04-2017, 11:12 PM)Wolfheart Wrote:
I am a dark elf fighter but using a two handed sword which I plan to continue doing whether it is optimal or not because that's how I roll. ;) 

In the longterm you may need to change this concept. :)

if you want to advance fast and use 2handed sword than your best option is the Orc fighter--> raider-->destroyer--> titan.
Titan is among best for PVE AOE farm (hit multiple monster at the same time with polearm weapon), and for raids in this chronicle, the ultimate fighter with best emergency skills at low hp, but in pvp somewhat bulky and slow while glass cannon classes like mage or archer dominate the dps.

If you want to be darkelf fighter, than I would advise to go for fighter--> palus knight--> bladedancer--> spectral dancer, however than around 40-52 it would be better to roll for Dual Swords, because many of your skills would revolve around that.
Spectral dancer is a Party support fighter which essential for Warrior and Archer and Mage party too. The skills helps others and yourself to do better DPS mostly. Around lv61 its already become a useful element in most high level parties too.

Also best to find a helpful and calm community as a clan to learn the game, if you enter some racer clan when noone have time because of epic-camps and pvps and oly and whatever, than you  cannot learn much there.

Good luck!
Whats your nick ig? Could help you out with some d grades, got spare ones on alts :)
Thanks for the information everyone. It is appreciated. As for the D grades, that is very generous but I am weird about wanting to earn everything through my own adventuring in the game. If you ever see a level 80 dark elf using a two-handed sword, you'll know who it is. ;)

Also, character name is Wolfheart.
Choose the road less walked and be a proud Shilien Knight.
You'lll have more fun debuffing and disrupting the enemy then buffing your own every two min.