Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This server used to be good
oO nice avatar lolek!!
(12-22-2016, 08:15 PM)pattycakes Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
Except that time in that forbidden PvP video where you all got wiped 9v9 4 times in a row looooool rats gonna rat

Did u got the Boss????

Just asking
If server was bad there would not have been many results on maxcheaters when searching for 'l2 dawn' :)

As China said, if server was bad why people try to cheat / bot / ddos the server so much ? Think about that.

Hassaassin you totally missed the point of this topic
(12-26-2016, 12:54 PM)Alandus Wrote:
Hassaassin you totally missed the point of this topic

No I didn't. I don't give 2 cents on the flames / wars. A server is good when:
Admin is active : checked
Events are made : checked
Mature people playing and talking english : checked
Forum is active : checked
Hassassin
(12-26-2016, 01:09 PM)Hassassin Wrote:
#1 Admin active : checked .
Server had 4 GMS : Skarr, ChinaTown, Choltuk (some GM from Heretics) and one lady (sorry, can't remember her name). Also Pinng was like a semi-GM as well (more on forums than in game). They had to take apart from the team and Chinatown is left by his own. I don't recall seeing any GM event (hide and seek) ever on this server (and that was exactly 1 year ago).
Also, if you look on the "Bot report" section you would see one player MpistaGemista reported to multiboxing (with video as evidence) and no interest from staff.

#2 Events are made : checked
I have posted the explanation above. I don't recall any events like "Last man standing" / "Hide and see" or even Trivia.

#3 Mature people playing and talking english : checked
Dunno how many mature ppl. Just look on forums....

#4Forum is active : checked
Far from active. There used to be 3 mods (Ivy, mrBobe and some1 else)..they all departed from team.
Also, there are always the same 10-15 ppl that post on forums (and flame or talk trash & proves #3 is false).
(12-27-2016, 07:13 AM)sazzy3 Wrote:
Hassassin

Server had 4 GMS : Skarr, ChinaTown, Choltuk (some GM from Heretics) and one lady (sorry, can't remember her name). Also Pinng was like a semi-GM as well (more on forums than in game). They had to take apart from the team and Chinatown is left by his own. I don't recall seeing any GM event (hide and seek) ever on this server (and that was exactly 1 year ago).
Also, if you look on the "Bot report" section you would see one player MpistaGemista reported to multiboxing (with video as evidence) and no interest from staff.

I have posted the explanation above. I don't recall any events like "Last man standing" / "Hide and see" or even Trivia.

Far from active. There used to be 3 mods (Ivy, mrBobe and some1 else)..they all departed from team.
Also, there are always the same 10-15 ppl that post on forums (and flame or talk trash & proves #3 is false).

1) The fact that I am currently working alone has no real effect to the server. I have developed and put into action various bots and spiders to replace GMs and sustain the original efficiency that made work much easier. Furthermore, a lot of people that work on L2Dawn are not connected to L2Dawn in any shape or form and sometimes don't even know they work on it. They do their specific one- time tasks and as such, are not included to the team list. The server is further maintained and what's important - new updates/ fixes and patches keep coming which already sets Dawn apart. We have frequent events, but don't overdo it. The last Last Man Standing was in November, 2016. Just as an example - we currently have 2 Xmas events going simultaneously. As for reports - a report alone doesn't mean an automatic ban. The report is added to investigation. 

<...>

3) While the forum is full of drama, most of the people are mature and help out newcomers and participate in other activities. 

4) The forum is active. 90% of people come to L2Dawn to play the game, not to read the forums and that's fine, we get it. Nonetheless, however, the forum itself is full of useful guides, answered questions, uploaded mods/ addons and the archived history of the whole server's lifetime, most of which was provided by the same forum members.  
[Image: useless-box-o.gif]
(12-27-2016, 05:03 PM)ChinaTown Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 07:13 AM)sazzy3 Wrote:
Hassassin

1) The fact that I am currently working alone has no real effect to the server. I have developed and put into action various bots and spiders to replace GMs and sustain the original efficiency that made work much easier. Furthermore, a lot of people that work on L2Dawn are not connected to L2Dawn in any shape or form and sometimes don't even know they work on it. They do their specific one- time tasks and as such, are not included to the team list. The server is further maintained and what's important - new updates/ fixes and patches keep coming which already sets Dawn apart. We have frequent events, but don't overdo it. The last Last Man Standing was in November, 2016. Just as an example - we currently have 2 Xmas events going simultaneously. As for reports - a report alone doesn't mean an automatic ban. The report is added to investigation. 

<...>

3) While the forum is full of drama, most of the people are mature and help out newcomers and participate in other activities. 

4) The forum is active. 90% of people come to L2Dawn to play the game, not to read the forums and that's fine, we get it. Nonetheless, however, the forum itself is full of useful guides, answered questions, uploaded mods/ addons and the archived history of the whole server's lifetime, most of which was provided by the same forum members.  

Sorry China but the first point is just not true.

The fact that you are currently working alone hasa HUGE impact on server. You do nothing with reported exploiters, botters, other rule breakers etc. because you simply have no time. I clearly remember that when I send a PM on forum to DrPen and one other GM (forgot the name) i got reply from both of them under 2 hours and the issue was solved in another 2. Now, that i sent you a PM its already more than a week without answer. 

Doesnt matter how many ppl work in the background of Dawn, the only one we see officialy is you, and we actually never see you. That creates the feeling this server was abandoned and no one gives a F*.
(12-22-2016, 03:48 PM)imbierinis Wrote:
(12-22-2016, 03:38 PM)Alandus Wrote:
Thats all I have to say  FeelsBadMan

Server is the same, it hasn't change - still interlude as it was. What changes is player and their attitude. Say thanks to all drama makers, who don't rescpect others and  don't know how to loose honorably.

+1
(12-22-2016, 03:38 PM)Alandus Wrote:
Thats all I have to say  FeelsBadMan

(12-22-2016, 03:50 PM)Alandus Wrote:
Since I wasnt playing for months, I can see more changes than just a players. But I will keep my mouth shut and wont creaty any more drama than there already is. I was just a bit frustrated and made this thread.

I like your complex argument with lots of logical backing and well thought out premises from several points of view.

owait.