Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lineage Eternal
Lineage Eternal looks like hot garbage honestly. Kind of depressing that lineage's legacy get's reduced to this.
(12-11-2016, 12:52 PM)Arra Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
Lineage Eternal looks like hot garbage honestly. Kind of depressing that lineage's legacy get's reduced to this.

Remember that L1 is huge in Korea. This is a sequel to L1 and is made primarily for the eastern market. 
I might be jumping the gun, but from what I've seen so far I don't think so. NC seems to be trying to push LE into a diablo clone to compete with lost ark, giving up everything that makes lineage a great game. Lineage has never been a strong game based on pure mechanics, and it doesn't really have a high skill ceiling. The major compelling element that lineage has is drama through spontaneous and scheduled pvp. Siege battles and grinding zone control.

NC seems to be too concerned with attracting Blizzard's player base, which they will fail at because Blizzard is just better at it. And even if Blizzard isn't Path of exile is. i dunno, hopefully i'm wrong, but it seems like it's going to become a single player or a hardcore pve game, which destroys lineage's only true appeal.

Not to mention the endless concern with making games mobile compatible will ultimately limit design space.