Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help us reach new players
Hello guys..Finally i come back to server..I will be very happy about any helps..And how i can use two pc in same house
Star 
Hellou Anaconda here,  Nay

Uhm i have started playing this server in August, 16. Till now i didnt stopped playing. Its the most amazing experience that i ever got in L2. (playing from many years, started at C4) Got many friends, many enemies and much fun. Community is insane. I mean ofc if there is enemies somewhere the chat or posts will be lit bit toxicated, its normal.

The bad thing is that i tried many servers before i catch out L2DAWN, friend told me about the server, i log in and never exit. Server PR is in very bad condition. You probably never find or recognize L2DAWN in hop/top-zones etc... (that is just my opinion)

My idea is to start a campaign, not just a forum thread.

Let's group and do something in party to actually reach new players. Votes in most popular webs is hardly recommended. Do a announce in-game but not like spam. It must be like when you login the game or every 1-2 hours. (if is possible to not be annoying) Its stupid to ask for vote etc, but for real that is the way more ppl find us.
Place fireworks or newbie buffs for present of giving a vote, something that doesn't affects the others game, but helping the new one. Clans/allies can help a lot of doing this. Leaders can set up some announces in clan/ally chat about that too. 

Make cams on siege days, there is many epic fights and castle takings, upload in youtube, make views, new ppl will reach videos, new ppl will reach L2DAWN :)

offtopic//

stop helping each other in castle sieges fight a bit more, stop being friends, supporting each others. // you got ALLY-fight others, stop looking for help etc.  FeelsBadMan
Dawn has quite some reputation on pmfun forums. Hell, even another x5 server owners said that server as good as Dawn is what they are aiming for. Speaking of which, it would be nice if several x5 servers fused with Dawn so we have one big decent server instead of 5 half-dead ones.

Also its not only about getting new players, but also keeping them. I personally find very off-putting that 0-50 level range is pretty much empty (pretty common on all servers, even the big ones). What we need is several people (preferably some max lvl guys who are bored or smth) regularly creating low level alt chars and making low lvl parties with newbies, maybe even raids. When there is nobody on lower levels, you end up getting bored and leave or you get bored and get power level from a clan or something to get high lvl. Exping alone just isnt fun unless youre totally new to L2 or unless you like exping alone.
(11-06-2016, 11:51 PM)MaxTunnerX Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
Speaking of which, it would be nice if several x5 servers fused with Dawn so we have one big decent server instead of 5 half-dead ones.

Yes Please.
[Image: hahah.jpg]

DaFuzzyy  FeelsGoodMan  
And how exactly can you accomplish this? Everyone who opens a low rate IL server wants a piece of the cake. Suppose 2 other server owners decide to close their projects and point their few players to Dawn's direction. Either they ll demand a GM position (can they be trusted?) and/or money from donations. What else?
[Image: 293evxe.jpg]
[Image: 23u2cn8.jpg]
Pretty easy to do when all involved parties agree. Harder when they dont (ever heard of negotiation?). But hey, if they dont want to have a big server with loads of players (=lot of money from donations) or if they want their stupid in-game affecting donations etc. they can keep running their own half dead servers for all I care, its their mistake. But everyone who decides to fuse with dawn will benefit greatly. For example even if just 2 out of 5 server owners join the new project, majority of the players will be attracted to the new project so those 3 server owners who wont fuse will have totally empty servers and no money at all. Ultimately they can even come begging for partnership.

Now thats just one scenario, anything can happen, but my point is that fragmentation of L2 playerbase doesnt help anyone and also that we cant just say "omg its hard, lets not even try asking other server owners if they want to fuse", which is exactly what Ive understood from your reply. Also I dont get why would anyone be afraid of server owners getting GM/admins rights and share of money from donations when they will give the new project their players, effort, funds and maybe even code? Of course that Dawn will not let the staff of a scrubby 25-players-online server look into the server code or give them top privileges, but they should get a share equal to what they give and if someone provides as much as Dawn, they should get equal share and rights as Dawn's staff.

PS Its not a good idea to discuss it in details publicly. Also keep in mind that sooner or later the fuse will happen, with Dawn or without it. I recommend China to start asking around real soon before others grow brains.
Bad servers dies anyway after 2-3 months and most of their players come here on Dawn, the fusing happens on its own.
Baby, I ain't soulless, I'm just scared.
Yeah what could go wrong with giving GM rights to people you barely know, right JB?
[Image: 293evxe.jpg]
[Image: 23u2cn8.jpg]
(11-07-2016, 03:11 PM)mrbobe Wrote:
Yeah what could go wrong with giving GM rights to people you barely know, right JB?

Yeah they could start banning ppl for stuff like hero shouts...that would be pretty retarded right?
(01-11-2017, 09:59 PM)Quaak Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 03:11 PM)mrbobe Wrote:

Yeah they could start banning ppl for stuff like hero shouts...that would be pretty retarded right?
Hello, 
Let's clear things out for you:
People were never banned for the hero voice per se. Abusing HV resulted in temporary chat bans. HV content violating the rules of the server resulted in a ban. 
[Image: useless-box-o.gif]