Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help us reach new players
As long as the server doesn't close in one week, if by chance we have a low starting population the server will continue to grow.

The problem servers are having is that the admins don't see 700 online the first day and say "screw this" and close the server after it's only been open for 2 days.

Another week of advertising before going live will most likely bring more players, but personally I feel the biggest issue is keeping the server open with the chance for it to actually grow.

As Orbit said, years ago I played on a server the day it opened with a friend and it only had 20 or so players and we left after a few days. A few weeks later that server had 1000 players on it and was one of the top servers in all the top sites. I'm not saying we will have 1k players after a few weeks but we will most definitely grow with time.
(05-05-2015, 06:41 AM)DMT Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
As long as the server doesn't close in one week, if by chance we have a low starting population the server will continue to grow.

The problem servers are having is that the admins don't see 700 online the first day and say "screw this" and close the server after it's only been open for 2 days.

Another week of advertising before going live will most likely bring more players, but personally I feel the biggest issue is keeping the server open with the chance for it to actually grow.

As Orbit said, years ago I played on a server the day it opened with a friend and it only had 20 or so players and we left after a few days. A few weeks later that server had 1000 players on it and was one of the top servers in all the top sites. I'm not saying we will have 1k players after a few weeks but we will most definitely grow with time.

DMT, we will never close. We love Lineage 2 and you guys too much. 
[Image: useless-box-o.gif]
Yes you can delay the launch. I don't mind, it's only one more week..
I ve been in 3 launches of low rate servers the past months and I noticed that many players join the server/forums the last minute before launch. The number of registered in forums is not a trustworthy indicator that the server will have this number x2 at launch. Many people don't even join the forums and there are those who don't check them until the last minute so that they can download the patch, register and play
[Image: 293evxe.jpg]
[Image: 23u2cn8.jpg]

Voting

Fix the vote in topzone and hopzone (not work on the site page vote).
I think that they are maby the most popular l2 vote sites.
(05-07-2015, 03:16 AM)ventcy Wrote:

Voting

Fix the vote in topzone and hopzone (not work on the site page vote).
I think that they are maby the most popular l2 vote sites.

i reccomend this server to Lithuanian ppl :) i hope they will come :)
Thank you Belekas, we appreciate your effort! Ventcy, they didn't accept us yet because the server is still in BETA mode. Their rules say that they accept only opened online servers. The issue should not persist after our grand opening. We'll keep an eye on it.
SKARR - L2Dawn Staff
I ban bots since 1923...
I hope you have a decent ddos protection. Even servers with just 200 people get attacked these days...
Yes, we have DDOS protection. :)
SKARR - L2Dawn Staff
I ban bots since 1923...
Anybody advertised on Maxcheaters.com in the priv l2 server section?