Poll: Do you want goldbars on the server?
This poll is closed.
Yeah
40.91%
27 40.91%
Nah
59.09%
39 59.09%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Known Issues & Goldbars
Will I be able to trade the goldbar (with other players)?
(09-25-2016, 05:54 PM)Serotonin Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
Will I be able to trade the goldbar (with other players)?

Yes, that's the meaning of them. 

1 gold bar = 1kkk 

Say you want to buy something for 2.7kkk. You will give 2 gold bars and 700kk in cash. This way trading will be done in 1 step and will be secure. 
[Image: gSRm_-pTQNo.jpg]
See that's exactly my point. People just want a way to charge absurd amount of money for their items. Personally I am against this.
ps- Prices are already ridiculous btw. You need 1.2 to 1.5kkk for a dc set +6
(09-25-2016, 06:24 PM)Serotonin Wrote:
See that's exactly my point. People just want a way to charge absurd amount of money for their items. Personally I am against this.
ps- Prices are already ridiculous btw. You need 1.2 to 1.5kkk for a dc set +6

I don't really see an alternative. If we look at old games, such as retail WoW that have lasted for a while money has already become a formal way to buy something. Players have been grinding for over a year now and the adena is abundant. Another course of action would be to increase adena prices of all NPC services in game, but that wouldn't affect those who own billions by one bit and would punish new players who already struggle to do their living in Lineage 2. 
That's why people use ews/gear to trade instead of adena. Can we vote on this or is it already decided?
(09-25-2016, 06:39 PM)Serotonin Wrote:
That's why people use ews/gear to trade instead of adena. Can we vote on this or is it already decided?

Such addition can be revoked if more people would go against that. A poll can be made of course. 
Added a poll. VOTE for Tr... I mean goldbars
[Image: 293evxe.jpg]
[Image: 23u2cn8.jpg]
Great, let's see what the community thinks about it. Maybe I'm in the minority...
I agree the bars might rise prices. I see it like this.
For now, the transaction cost for trades over the limit are quite high. You have to either have a lot of trust to make two or more separate payments, or you have to accept some non-liquid assets (such as EWS, that you would need to sell off later), or your could clench your teeth and agree to the lower price. Other prices are affected by prices of the most expensive trades (you can't sell a +6 and a +4 set at the same price, so if people accept cap price for +6, then +4 goes even lower). Thus, all prices have a sort of soft cap.
With gold bars, your liquid assets will have effectively no cap, transaction costs become zero, so the very best items will be easily sold at any arbitrary price the seller and the buyer agree upon. This will stretch the whole price spectrum, pulling up the other prices.
I can imagine different consequences.
Trades at top tier get more lively. That stimulates the richest players, hinting them that they still achieve more.
Newcomers struggle more after C-grade (unless they are spoilers), because prices will be somewhat higher in general.
There is more unique stuff, but less stuff in general due to more attempts at overenchanting to get ridiculous prices.
Sum total is a more conservative server, with lower outflow of established players (save for those few who will quit specifically because of gold bars), lower rate of new players staying (due to harsh prices), and a bigger gap between the ludicrously stuffed elite (more OE) and the averagely stuffed muggles (less stuff in general).
Just my opinion. I did not vote for Tr..
Need more ways to move extra adena from server