Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evasion Stat Guide (+ thought about P.Def. importance)
Avoidance formula and cap

There is an interesting fact about evasion: depending on how much accuracy your enemy does have, there is a maximum of evasion that won't allow you to avoid more hits even if you increase that number.

Quote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.

[Image: otZggDE.jpg]

There are many ways to increase evasion, you can avoid the maximum of 27.5% of hits even being the class with less DEX (Orc Fighter - 26 DEX), you don't need to be a dagger for that. When you can avoid that amount of hits, P.Def. becomes even less important as the big reduction of damage relies on evasion.

As the table shows, there is an amount of evasion (depending on attacker's accuracy) from which you won't avoid more hits than you do. That point is reached when (Attacker's Accuracy) - (Defender's Evasion) = -25 . Then,

Quote:(Defender's Evasion) = (Attacker's Accuracy) + 25 .   (1)

[Image: LL128xF.png]

Here is a plot that shows linear behaviour with different slope each range of evasion. It's easy to see that +1 evasion will not always have the same effect in your protection, it depends on your current amount of evasion, the higher you have, the higher effect will imply +1 evasion. Different ranges with different slopes are coloured differently as lines. As an example, a tank with shield (it reduces evasion) won't notice a difference when he is buffed with Song of Water and Agility (+7 evasion), whereas characters wearing Light Armor (with passive mastery) will notice it considerably.

There are some other ranges represented as coloured areas, (a), (b), and ( c ), that shows the range where all races are in depending on their DEX. (a) range is moved along X axis when applying effects that increase evasion: Light Armor Mastery Passive and some buffs (Song of Water + Agility). Dagger passives as Boost Agility and DEX tattoos aren't represented, you can move that range to the left even more by using more factors.

Evasion cap for PVE (mobs)

If we know how much accuracy a monster has, then we can calculate how much evasion we need to reach the cap. If you search on the internet you will see that all same level mobs have same DEX (30) and same amount of accuracy unless it's a Raid Boss (RB's have different DEX) or it has some special passive skill which improves that (not usual). This is the result of that research:

Quote:(Evasion for cap) = 132 + [ Mob.Level - 75] = 57 + Mob.Level ;

Esub = 57 + L
  (2)

An example: for level 80 mobs you need 137 evasion so that you reach the cap.

It's being used that +1 level implies +1 accuracy and +1 evasion for character and monster. Accuracy of mob with 30 DEX have been calculated with L2 Calc using Human Figther class as it has same DEX and no passives.

Evasion against P.Def., damage reduction factor (PVE, normal hits)

There is a formula for damage:

Quote:Average Weapon Damage - Normal Hit

P.Atk.*70/P.Def.
  (3)

If you use this along with the 'chance to be hit' comparing different armors (heavy and light armor, for example), you can calculate the damage relation between both,

Quote:(Damage 'evasion armor') / (Damage 'another armor') = [ (defense 'evasion armor') /  (defense 'another armor') ] * [ (Chance to be hit 'another armor') / (Chance to be hit 'evasion armor') ] ; that is,

De / D = [ de / d ] * [ A / Ae] .   (4)

For example, we can have our destro level 76 with +5 DEX tattoo (26 + 5 = 31 DEX) and different settings with the same buffs for full defense and evasion: (L2 Calc -
)
  • Heavy armor (Imperial Crusader +3)
    Defense (d): 1698
    Chance to hit (A): 74%

Evasion: 119
    Damage received per second: 13.3
  • Light Armor (Draconic Leather Armor +3 and +4 body)
    Defense (d): 1344
    Chance to be hit (A): 44%

Evasion: 129
    Damage received per second: 10.1
  • Light Armor (Mithril Leather Armor (+6) + Draconic Helmet and gloves (+3), Set effect: +6 evasion and + M.Def.)
    Defense (d): 1082
    Chance to be hit (A): 27%

Evasion: 135
    Damage received per second: 7.1

Buffs:
Doomcryer Level 78 [Earth chant, +4 evasion with Chant of Evasion] + Prophecy of Wind [+4 evasion] + Song of Water [+3 evasion] + Song of Earth.
Berserker spirit won't be used for the comparison.

Now we can make the comparison by using equation (4), we get De / D, that is a damage reduction factor:

De / D (Mithril Leather Armor / Imperial Crusader) = 57%
De / D (Draconic Leather Armor / Imperial Crusader) = 75%
-
De / D (Mithril Leather Armor / Draconic Leather Armor) = 76%

To understand better those results, an example: (Damage received with Imperial Crusader) * 57% = (Damage received with Mithril Leather Armor). Therefore, Mithril is better armor than Draconic and Imperial Crusader because you receive less damage because of evasion (remember that we can't avoid skills, this is not for PVP). Then,

Quote:Mithril > Draconic > Imperial Crusader .

P.Def. itself is overrated for many classes (PVE, PVP)

Let's see the damage reduction due to defense for Mithril (+6, with 2 Draconic parts +3) and Draconic (+3) armors. We apply equation (4) when A / Ae = 1 (same evasion, so it applies for PVP with skills too) to obtain,

Quote:De / D = de / d .   (5)

Now we can calculate PVP damage reduction factor due to defense (still for same Destroyer, level 76):

De / D (Mithril Leather Armor / Imperial Crusader) = 157%
De / D (Draconic Leather Armor / Imperial Crusader) = 126%
-
De / D (Mithril Leather Armor / Draconic Leather Armor) = 124%

Now Mithril is the worst armor, you receive 57% more damage than with best armor, Imperial Crusader. So, with IC you receive 1000 damage, and with Mithril you receive 1000*157% = 1570 damage. But Heavy Armor would be less valuable for Tyrant because it doesn't have Heavy Armor Mastery, then that percentage would be lesser for it, it can be calculated. Tyrant also lose speed (a lot) and evasion with Heavy Armor, but it's good for PVP in some cases along with +CON tattoos. I don't know about Tyrants on Interlude, just Gracia Final and ahead.

But look at it, Draconic is not so OP compared to Mithril. With Mithril you just receive 24% more damage, and with Plated Leather less than 24% and you can enjoy +4 STR. Then, with Draconic you receive 1000 damage and with Mithril you receive 1240, and you have more M.Def. due to +6 Light Armor. That's why I could kill people 1 VS 1 in H5 servers wearing Plated leather against S84 armors, being Tyrant. Having -13 CON wasn't a problem as I still had much HP and CP (awesome orcs). But I changed armor depending on the situation, high grade Heavy, high grade Light, and Plated Leather; I almost always worn PL though.

Be careful, I don't say PL is the best armor, but it can be good even for PVP at level 80 depending on your class. For PVE I always want fastest killing possible.

Written by xSchrodingerx  Big Grin .

[Image: 6l28URM.jpg]

[Image: mOW6QNx.jpg]

And this is a Warlord doing evasion tanking:

[Image: o5ImRL1.jpg]
Wow, very nicely written and easy to understand guide, makes me want to sub tyrant Tongue. Kudos!
(05-03-2016, 07:11 PM)WarKittens Wrote:
Wow, very nicely written and easy to understand guide, makes me want to sub tyrant Tongue.  Kudos!

Thank you Rolleyes .

Yeah, Tyrant is God with that versatility. You could even use Fury Fist with polearm to increase Atk. Speed.

Mistake fixed: plot was wrong because you have not just Light Armor Mastery for evasion, you have Armor Mastery too, that gives +3 evasion for fighters. It was more good-looking before... sigh xD, but it's even better to reach the cap.
You are stubborn.
Nice guide.
I would very much want to enjoy the +5 str granted by pl set. Since you said so yourself, wouldn't you be running greater might instead of greater shield?
Can you do re-do the math with that in mind?
I would like to know what is the best optimal enchanted armor for pve. Since you're good at math, figure this out. Big Grin

the -13 con hurts my eyes. How did you get it anyways?

PoWi and song of water are hard to get.

Fashion wise, I do not like how I look on PL tho.

I didn't believe that he could pole with a dagger class. so I went with him, and he proved me wrong. :)
He can take 4/5 mobs on average, stay healty, and deal very decent damage (daggers don't deal that much damage to begin with)
The passives critical chance and critical damage help.
(05-05-2016, 01:21 AM)RiverLaw Wrote:
You are stubborn.
Nice guide.
I would very much want to enjoy the +5 str granted by pl set. Since you said so yourself, wouldn't you be running greater might instead of greater shield?
Can you do re-do the math with that in mind?
I would like to know what is the best optimal enchanted armor for pve. Since you're good at math, figure this out. Big Grin

the -13 con hurts my eyes. How did you get it anyways?

PoWi and song of water are hard to get.

Fashion wise, I do not like how I look on PL tho.

I didn't believe that he could pole with a dagger class. so I went with him, and he proved me wrong. :)
He can take 4/5 mobs on average, stay healty, and deal very decent damage (daggers don't deal that much damage to begin with)
The passives critical chance and critical damage help.

I've made a little comparison about damage increase for PVP using stabs between Draconic and PL respect to +0 STR as if all skills you use can do a critical hit. With PL you receive 16.8% more damage than with Draconic. Having tattoos (+5 STR): If you wear Draconic, the damage you do increase by 43.4%; if you wear PL (+6), it increases by 43.4% + 20.2% = 63.6%. I'm not completely sure if PL is better than draconic at the end, but it seems to be a good choice to harm people.

Daggers die really fast even if you protect them with some more P.Def, if we had more HP/CP we would notice the difference more, but protection could give us just one second (I think so because +5 CON only gives 1000 HP + CP). Then, you can reduce your P.Def for PVP without reducing the time you're alive much.  Then, Berserker Spirit and Greater Might (both, 10% + 8% = +18%) could be really good choices as you improve the damage you do.

Remember the given example on the first paragraph of this message about damage with PL. If you use Berserker Spirit and Greater Might, your damage would increase by 88.3% (63.6%, before), that's and extra of 24.7% more damage. Your MP will be happy with that, as our skills consume it very fast.

Song of Water is not that hard to get, not for me at least. You just need to have SWS players in your clan.

Best armors for PVE are Light Armors if you are able to increase your evasion to a decent value. Even tanks can enjoy high evasion if they remove their shield ('L2 calc' says you receive more damage with shield (same level PVE) even if you wear a shield); it's possible that shields are useful just for PVP and no one noticed that. Mithril Leather (+6) is the best armor if evasion cap is really high and you need it to reach it. I would use Plated Leather (+6) when you can reach the cap with it, and then you have +4 STR so you do more damage. STR stat usually increases damage more than DEX does, you can check the difference of damage of Draconic and PL by using L2 Calc Combat Calculations. And I have to say that getting Draconic set +6 is really hard.

You can get -13 CON: (PL: +4 STR -1 CON) (Tattoos: +4 STR -5 CON; +4 DEX -5 CON; +1 DEX -2 CON)

I've been thinking about tattoos and this setting could be OK for PVP as I've checked by testing that DEX doesn't affect Land Rate of skills:

+4 STR -4 CON
+1 STR -1 CON
+4 DEX -4 CON

or

+4 STR -4 CON
+4 DEX -4 CON
+4 WIT -1 INT .

I'm sure about Evasion stat but I could be wrong about other things I say, so this information could be just accurate to some extent.
interesting guide. is it still good enough to pole with dagger when u don't have propecy of wind and + 6 light set? (c, b, a ). i asume a grade light would do fine with vr buff.
(05-05-2016, 02:02 PM)Voros Wrote:
interesting guide. is it still good enough to pole with dagger when u don't have propecy of wind and + 6 light set? (c, b, a ). i asume a grade light would do fine with vr buff.

Mithril Leather Armor (+0) or Zubei (+0) can both give you +4 evasion.

Abyss Walker (Level 72, +5 DEX, 123 evasion, [Maximum level mobs for evasion cap (Lvl)] = 66):
+ Mithril (+6): 129 evasion.  Lvl = 72.
+ Mithril: 127 evasion. Lvl = 70.

+ Mithril (+6) + Berserker Spirit: 125 evasion. Lvl = 68.
+ Mithril + Berserker Spirit: 123 evasion. Lvl = 66.

You can level with CH buffs, and if you can get Chant of Evasion you could increase Lvl of mobs for avoidance cap by 4. Then, you could use Mithril + Berserker Spirit + Chant of Evasion and full avoid Lvl 70 mobs, being level 72 yourself.

It's always better to reach the evasion cap than having more defense, for PVE. If you can use higher grade armor reaching the cap with it, then you can use it, but you have to seek for highest damage output as long as you're able to survive.

Second picture is CH buffs + some PP buffs + Berserker Spirit lvl 2 + Plated Leather (+6) (+2 evasion). My polearm augment gives me +1 evasion that's why numbers are decreased by one as you wouldn't have it.
Thread edited:

Quote:[...]

And this is a Warlord doing evasion tanking: