Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Client side mod: Debuffs and skills fail messaged
Hello community,
I have created modified version of systemmsg-e.dat file, and bring the most usefull information to the screen (out of chat window). Using this file, you don't need to move your eyes to the small chat window, in order to check if debuff was failed.  Damage numbers are also shown. Crit / Evade / Block and Spoil conditions. An amazing announcer sounds added. Enjoy!

How to install:

1. Go to you Lineage2 installation directory. Than go to "system" directory.
2. Backup your current systemmsg-e.dat (rename it)
3. Extract zip archive to Lineage2 -> "system" directory.
4. Launch L2 game.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

systemmsg-e-v1.zip :

- All spoil condition messages moved to position 3.
- "No Arrows" moved to position 7.

systemmsg-e-v2.zip :

Added UnrealTournament III announcer sound for clan wars:
-"Monster kill" played when enemy was killed by clan member.
-"Extermination" when clan member was owned, and character name printed on the screen.

Attached 2 files:
1) CustomSoundsIcy.zip (Extract it to the "sounds" folder in game client) (Splited into 2 files. Contains all sounds from 
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
)
2) systemmsg-e-v2.zip

DO NOT FORGET! The CustomSoundsIcy.zip is mandatory for version 2, otherwise the game will crash with Critical error. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I am planning to add next?
-For the Aggression skill of tank classes, on skill usage play Pudge's "Get over here!" sound from Dota2. 
-Add the sound of "excellent" to Ovet-hit message.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggest for improvements, please.  
The file was modified by L2Lige software (suggested by ChinaTown, see the link below)

Attached Files
.zip   systemmsg-e-v2.zip (Size: 50.33 KB / Downloads: 33)
.zip   systemmsg-e-v1.zip (Size: 50.33 KB / Downloads: 102)
.zip   CustomSoundsIcy.001.zip (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 26)
.zip   CustomSoundsIcy.002.zip (Size: 966.16 KB / Downloads: 26)
you can edit your client to display messages where you want

china made a post with software to edit the .dat file
Thanks, Where is this post?
[Image: 293evxe.jpg]
[Image: 23u2cn8.jpg]
Up,

Created my own file, thanks China for software and mrbobe for the link!
Cool mod mate! Love seeing when my totems are going with the messages on the left hand side! Handy for my tyrant sub!
Totems? What totems? Are you in Pagans Amrx? Reveal yourself!!!
Thank you for sharing your creation IcyBeer, I ll try it when I ll log in again later.
(04-30-2016, 08:32 PM)mrbobe Wrote:
Totems? What totems? Are you in Pagans Amrx? Reveal yourself!!!
Thank you for sharing your creation IcyBeer, I ll try it when I ll log in again later.

Sorry littlemiss, but I will remain incognito still. The only thing I'll give away,  I have unique subclasses of Tyrant and Warlord, thats all :)
Guys, any comments for improvements or thanks after a usage?
I am using it 2 days now. It's good but I have a problem with all these messages that flood my screen. Somehow they cover the window and I cannot use the mouse effectively to rotate. It happened the same with only the green "spoil has been activated" message, but now the problem is all over the screen. If there is a way to avoid this, it would be great. Other than that thank you for your hard work :)