Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing on the public BETA server
Exclamation 
Hello there,

Forgive us for a delay, we just wanted to ensure everything is working fine, so that when you guys join the server you see a clean beautiful home :)

The public beta server will be open from today ( 2015-04-28) until the 7th of May 2015.

Here are some guidelines you should know:

We think it is important that you guys check how  the original server would look like (test herb drops,  general situation when playing on x5) so:

From 2015-04-28 until the 2015-04-30 we will run original x5 rates (5exp/sp , 5x adena, 5x drop, 5x seals) as it will be on the official server.

The following will happen:
  • 7 Sign period has already begun. You can join it anytime
  • 1st and 2nd class changes cost 1 adena
However we also want to test the late game features with you guys so:

From the 2015-04-30 to 2015-04-07 we will run 50x rates. (50x exp/sp , 50x adena, 50x drop, 50x seals). 

The following will happen:
  • 7 Sign period
  • 1st and 2nd class changes cost 1 adena
  • A GM shop selling all best all grade items and soulshots for 1 adena
    (GM shop will obviously be removed during the official launch)
  • Third class change NPC

You can register here: 
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.

and download the client and the patch here: 

NB: all beta characters on the 7th of May will be removed. 

However, all players that participated in BETA will be rewarded on the official server (cosmetic and fun items that don't impact the 
gameplay itself). 

Also, all beta testers' nicknames will be immortalized on our "Beta Testers" page which will be up from the 7th of May. 

We would like to thank you for spending your precious time with us and ask you to share your experience while playing beta, let us know about your thoughts/ ideas/ insights, troubles, problems. 

Please use this thread to post your game nicknames as you will be contacted after the beta to receive a reward for your new official characters. 

Since this is beta, this thread might be updated so keep in touch with it for any possible further information concerning the beta. 

- ChinaTown

The test server with x50 rates has started.

NB: The new patch has been released. Please update it to run the beta as intended. Download from our website: [url=http://l2dawn.com/download]http://l2dawn.com/download

The x50 beta has finally started. Here is the whole overview:
====Basic information====
XP/SP: 50x
Drop: 50x
Spoil: 50x
SSQ: 50x
Adena: 50x

====Class changes====

All class change items for the period of beta cost 1 adena
All class change NPCs can be found in Giran.

====Items====

Consumables, all grade gear can be found in Giran for 1 adena.
For your enjoyment and fun experimenting we have also added all enchant scrolls that cost 1 adena.
[Image: gSRm_-pTQNo.jpg]
Why is the patch 645MB?

How much custom stuff do you have in that thing? Normal patch size is 20-40MB.

Have you made a mistake and included something you didn't mean to?
Grab their updater and a copy of an Interlude client, install IL, then update via their updater mine was done in like 5 minutes.

Also, name once it starts will probably be Dwarfette, as I'm going to need a spoiler :)

ALSO, Global server chat? Big Grin
Yeah I did that in the end to see if it would be smaller patch size.

Still they should fix up the full patch for users who don't want to / can't use the updater.

PS: Is there no gmshop / buffer added yet? Or is it only in Giran?

Not sure where to post it so I'll just ask in here.

When are you going to add the GM Shop, Buffer, Class changer, etc?
The patch size is so big mainly because we wanted to include the whole system and systextures package for you, so that if the game files for any reason become corrupted you can easily fix it by having a complete system package. This was made according to the logic of our updater - updater compares your game files to the complete version of the game on our server so if there is an issue it fixes it automatically. Also, there will be many more patches coming out for the game from us so having the whole package on day 1 is overall better for all future updates and patches which will be as large as 1mb - 40mb.

-ChinaTown
(04-29-2015, 08:33 AM)DMT Wrote:
Yeah I did that in the end to see if it would be smaller patch size.

Still they should fix up the full patch for users who don't want to / can't use the updater.

PS: Is there no gmshop / buffer added yet? Or is it only in Giran?

Not sure where to post it so I'll just ask in here.

When are you going to add the GM Shop, Buffer, Class changer, etc?

On the 30th of April we will start running high rates on our test server and a gm shop along with 3rd class change will be included. All NPCs are / will be  in Giran near the gatekeeper. As a current idea, a custom buffer will not be included as it might defeat the purpose of playing a buff class during the beta test. 

Keep in mind, that after beta testing all custom NPCs will be removed except for the 1st and 2nd class NPCs.
It took me less than an hour to reach 21 with only newbie buffs and no gear except adventurers weapon.

Not having a buffer to buff with so we can easily test quests to make sure they're working correctly and the rewards are correct is quite annoying. We shouldn't need to box a buffer on a beta just to test stuff.

It's also just about impossible to test catas with no buffs.

I understand you will add it on the 30th but the rates will also be x50 then and you're going to level too fast while trying to test things at low and mid levels.

The x50 will be fine for the high level stuff.
(04-29-2015, 11:21 AM)DMT Wrote:
It took me less than an hour to reach 21 with only newbie buffs and no gear except adventurers weapon.

Not having a buffer to buff with so we can easily test quests to make sure they're working correctly and the rewards are correct is quite annoying. We shouldn't need to box a buffer on a beta just to test stuff.

It's also just about impossible to test catas with no buffs.

I understand you will add it on the 30th but the rates will also be x50 then and you're going to level too fast while trying to test things at low and mid levels.

The x50 will be fine for the high level stuff.

DMT,

There is not much time left for the new patch with new rates and NPCs. 
(04-29-2015, 11:21 AM)DMT Wrote:
I understand you will add it on the 30th but the rates will also be x50 then and you're going to level too fast while trying to test things at low and mid levels. The x50 will be fine for the high level stuff.

The '.exp [on/off]' command will be available in-game to prevent outleveling content.
Last checks and the patch and the server with x50 will be up! And DMT about your question of L2OFF version - yes.