Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SERVER] L2Dawn User Guide
This is a User Guide to help out newcomers find their ways. It will be written in a format of FAQ and constantly extended. 

Index:

1. How to start playing on L2Dawn (First steps). 
  2. Cross-version compatibility (Using Interlude obtained from other websites). 
  3. Windows 10 compatibility. 
  4. Linux compatibility.
  5. Successful installation.
  6. Common updater issues and troubleshooting. 
  7. Advanced game errors troubleshooting. 
  8. Rules and their importance. 
  9. Borderless game window/ no camera cancel on click mod. 
  10. How to easily change game system colors and looks. 
  11. Multiboxing.
  12. VPN concerning multiboxing and rule clarification.
  13. Class Change NPC for Adena.
  14. Benefits of joining a clan.
  15. Event Coins.
  16. GM availability. 

Quote:1. How to start playing on L2Dawn?

To start playing on L2Dawn you need 3 things: Lineage 2 Interlude client, our updater and an account

To download L2Dawn client AND updater visit our main page: 
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.

To make an account visit: 

Quote:2. I already have a Lineage 2 Interlude client from a DVD or downloaded from other server/ website. Can I use it?

We strongly recommend you to download and use our client as it is configured to work with our server. 

Quote:3. Can I play on L2Dawn on Windows 10?

Yes, our client is fully optimized for Windows 10.

Quote:4. Can I play on Linux?

Yes, please visit this thread: 
 (Special thanks to Hassassin for this awesome guide). 

Quote:5. How do I successfully install everything?

1. Download the client and extract it to your preferred location. 
  2. Download our updater and extract it to the Lineage 2 directory
  3. Run the updater as administrator
  4. If for some reason nothing happens, click the button "full check" on the updater. 

Quote:6. Updater keeps failing / updater says failed after 99% of patching. 

Make sure you run the updater as administrator and the directory where you placed the game files and the updater has the write/ delete permissions

Quote:7. I am still having issues. Some errors showing up. What to do?

Please visit this thread: 
 . If nothing helps - you can always ask the GM team or other members for assistance.

Quote:8. The game is installed now. Anything I should know before entering the game?

Yes. Make sure you read our rules: 

Note, that we have 0 tolerance for bots and other abusive software and we strongly recommend you to be friendly to the community you are about to meet in your adventures. 

Quote:9. I would like to run the game in a borderless mode. I also find camera cancel on right-click annoying. What can I do?

Feel free to visit this thread: 
 and download the files that will modify the game behaviour to your liking!

Quote:10. I don't like the default system message colors on your server. Is there any easy way to change it?

Yes, visit this thread: 
 and download the Advanced L2 Client Files editor which will allow you to easily personalize your client!

Quote:11. I am not playing alone. All my girlfriends want to play too! Can we multibox?

Please visit: 

Quote:12. I have a lot of IPs at my disposal. Does it mean I can multibox?

No, multi-boxing policy means 1main + 1 box + 3 offline shops simultaneously per person

Quote:13. I have reached lv 20 / 40. Do I have to do the change class quest?

Up to you. If you wish you can do the quest which probably involves amazing adventures chasing Master Toma. However, you can also buy quest marks for adena or quest coins

You need to go to the Fantasy Island. Fantasy Island can be reached from any bigger city such as Gludio or Giran using the Gatekeeper (the very last bottom option): 

[Image: 1.jpg]

Once on the Fantasy Island find:

The 1st Class Change NPC (behind the Fantasy Island gatekeeper, on the street):

[Image: 2.jpg]

The 2nd Class Change NPC (on the same street a bit further away):

[Image: 3.jpg]

Prices:

First Class Change: You need 1 and the price is 100k Adena OR x 1 Quest Coin (Obtained with a donation).
Second Class Change: You need 3 and the price is 700k Adena for each OR x 3 Quest Coins (Obtained with a donation).

Quote:14. Second Class change is too expensive for me. What should I do? :/

There are a lot of clans that will be happy to invite you to their academy and help you get the adena for the class change! In return, they will receive Clan Reputation Points. Win - Win. If you like the clan, you will most likely even be able to stay and embark on L2 adventures with your new friends!

Quote:15. Hey, I participated in some event and won something called an Event Coin.. What can I do with it?

Event Coins on L2Dawn can be exchanged into cosmetic hats. You can find an NPC that will exchange your coin to a hat of your choice on the Fantasy Island:

[Image: 4.jpg]

Quote:16. Can I receive live support and help from the team?

Yes, though the server is based on EU GMT + 1 hours you can often find a GM in-game or on forums to help you out. GMs are: ChinaTown, DrPen, Pinng, Contamination, SKARR

The guide will be constantly updated
[Image: gSRm_-pTQNo.jpg]
Wait wait wait, you have re-enabled donations for the first and second quests?

If so, about time! Keep that money rolling in to perfect Dawn!
(02-28-2016, 05:05 PM)Amrx Wrote:
Wait wait wait, you have re-enabled donations for the first and second quests?

If so, about time! Keep that money rolling in to perfect Dawn!

Not yet, but we will bring name changes/ quest coins and some other non-game breaking or interfering things so we can afford to expand our infrastructure and optimize the performance of the server. 
(02-28-2016, 04:21 PM)ChinaTown Wrote:
Quote:2. I already have a Lineage 2 Interlude client from a DVD or downloaded from other server/ website. Can I use it?

We strongly recommend you to download and use our client as it is configured to work with our server.

When I first came to Dawn, I did download your copy of the client, and discovered it was infact not the Interlude installer, but just a post-install copy of the client..Me and my OCD just couldn't accept that.

So for anyone else whom might prefer to use a legit client installer for a fresh install of the game, I got my copy from
, and quite quickly too.

Yes, I know, technically you can run the game off of a copy of post-installed game files, just like any other original Unreal Engine based game, but while many others seem to be having problems with various crashes and updater problems, I've been sitting pretty my whole time here with no issues at all. :angel:  Maybe my freshly installed game files might have something to do with that. Big Grin

*Note: You still need to be using L2Dawn's own updater though, folks..There's no getting away from that!*
Expanded and updated the guide.
I kinda wished to see info about Event Medals right after Event Coins. I know it's written about in separate thread but you know, if You could, it would benice to have it here, too.
the dream