Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Multiboxing? Click here.
That's bs. Rules are the same for everyone, not just for those with 1 pc! I have 4 machines that can run l2 at home but I never logged more than 2 accounts at the same time. Having full buffs (bd-sws-pp-se-ee) gives you a huge advantage against someone with just one box.
Its still fine if these characters leveled up legit and not with bot. And dont complain, because "advantage against others" is also when your clan is powerleveling AFK boxed chars at FOG for easy heroes. I have pictures with full AFK tygryski party at FOG. So dont tell me about advantages.

What is hurting the server the most however is not the boxed chars, but a clan spamming the hero voice about GMs helping another clan (us, Troublemakers).

The GMs should make a poll about the boxing policy. Make the options to something like this:
-1 char per PC only
-2 chars per PC, no questions asked
-3 chars per PC, no questions asked
-2 chars per IP, voice interview required for more

And lets see what the players will choose...
(10-13-2015, 05:28 PM)MpiftekiaGemista Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
Its still fine if these characters leveled up legit and not with bot. And dont complain, because "advantage against others" is also when your clan is powerleveling AFK boxed chars at FOG for easy heroes. I have pictures with full AFK tygryski party at FOG. So dont tell me about advantages.

What is hurting the server the most however is not the boxed chars, but a clan spamming the hero voice about GMs helping another clan (us, Troublemakers).

The GMs should make a poll about the boxing policy. Make the options to something like this:
-1 char per PC only

The rule is 2 chars per person at the same time. It always has been like that, and nothing has changed. Only this time, we take measures to make sure the rule is followed. 
[Image: useless-box-o.gif]
Quote:What is hurting the server is a clan spamming the hero voice about GMs helping another clan (us, Troublemakers).

That is true though, and it should not be tolerated.
Oh please, power leveling is still a legit way to up chars IF they're not someone's boxes! And yeah I insist, multiboxing gives you an advantage against other people. For me having a one man army is just as bad as botting. It's really your problem if the enemy has more members and can farm 24/7 rbs/fog or w/e
(10-13-2015, 05:34 PM)ChinaTown Wrote:
(10-13-2015, 05:28 PM)MpiftekiaGemista Wrote:

-1 char per PC only

The rule is 2 chars per person at the same time. It always has been like that, and nothing has changed. Only this time, we take measures to make sure the rule is followed
No offense, but you know these measures are worthless and you are only wasting your time with those "interviews".

Increasingly I'm realizing what's the problem of this server: you're not open for changes. You always hide behind the "it's been like that since the opening, so we won't change it". Which is ironic, because what about the people who have been using multiple boxes till the recent patch? Wasn't it a benefit?

IMO, now it's time for you for realize about your mistake and deal with it. Just learn from your mistakes and if in the future you'll open another server, don't advertise it with features that you cannot guarantee. It's that easy.

You advertised the server as a dualbox-only server but you can't do anything to guarantee it unless you spend the whole day checking whether or not people is using more boxes, either by yourself or by players' reports.
(10-13-2015, 06:23 PM)lmnop Wrote:
No offense, but you know these measures are worthless and you are only wasting your time with those "interviews".

Increasingly I'm realizing what's the problem of this server: you're not open for changes. You always hide behind the "it's been like that since the opening, so we won't change it". Which is ironic, because what about the people who have been using multiple boxes till the recent patch? Wasn't it a benefit?

IMO, now it's time for you for realize about your mistake and deal with it. Just learn from your mistakes and if in the future you'll open another server, don't advertise it with features that you cannot guarantee. It's that easy.

You advertised the server as a dualbox-only server but you can't do anything to guarantee it unless you spend the whole day checking whether or not people is using more boxes, either by yourself or by players' reports.

So youre saying this rule should be lifted because it can't be 100% guaranteed? 
Queen of Hearts

No offense mate but no admin can guarantee there will no bots or no people multiboxing. There's no bulletproof protection! As I said before there is no perfect solution but at least now they're taking some kind of action. If you have a better alternative please let us hear it...
Yes Laica. We could want a dualbox server, but it's just impossible. So why don't get rid of this rule so both legit and non-legit players get benefit? Non-legit player still will be using various boxes anyway.

Tprm obviously no one can guarantee anything, and I really appreciate they take some action against it, but these actions are irrelevant and are easy to bypass. If you want, you don't even need a technical mean to bypass them, just ask a family member, friend or whatever to spend 10 minutes, and that's it.
(10-13-2015, 06:48 PM)lmnop Wrote:
Yes Laica. We could want a dualbox server, but it's just impossible. So why don't get rid of this rule so both legit and non-legit players get benefit? Non-legit player still will be using various boxes anyway.

Tprm obviously no one can guarantee anything, and I really appreciate they take some action against it, but these actions are irrelevant and are easy to bypass. If you want, you don't even need a technical mean to bypass them, just ask a family member, friend or whatever to spend 10 minutes, and that's it.

Yes, we should start taking passport id's, blood match groups, oaths with the hand on a bible, insert microchips under players' skin to monitor them even when they sleep and other measures to fully prevent multiboxing...  Joke of course. We are doing the best that is humanly possible to ensure the fair play. 
[Image: useless-box-o.gif]