Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Multiboxing? Click here.
Hello! I have private messaged you guys before but as for a new clarification here we go!

I am player "Meadows" in game, I have 2 other people who play with me most often here at my house. 1 of those people is my brother "Brotherfox", and also my good friend "M0rrisw0ndo0d" those are our main accounts in the game. We all have 1 box player who we use regularly. Those characters are; "Sisterfox, jpnelli, and Frotherbox" we also have several other accounts for the purpose of use in town which I can list, but will list if only necessary. The characters above would be the usual lineup we will play with. Most weekends we are all together at my home so we could participate in a live chat if need be. Again, thank you so much for providing the greatest lineage experience and let us know how we can better follow the server rules. Thanks a lot ! - jpnelli "Meadows"
Hello.

when iplay by Myhouse Dual boxing

Laicon/Exomologitis/Xeet/Eko.
But sometimes i visit ne Web cafe so there will e a probem because all the peoples from there will got same ip. i will say some charactes that i know you cn chec thems

Zeosex
Mpouloukos
Rasty
Lincoln
Zhappa
Jfk
THey use sometimes exomologitis like buffer
Thumbs Up 
Hello,

Mains= Cyrus, Panndora, Crysalis. I know its only (Main + box per player) because Server rules.

If you need to ask me some questions you can contact me in game.

Thanks for all. Inazuma 
Still can't understand. The rule was 2 boxes per 1 person, and now the rule is only one box/person?
And what abt offline traders? If I have an offline trader, I will have to login with it in 2nd box anyway just to transfer stuff, money or whatever to the main char. Is this will be the rule violation?
Anyway, my wife and me have 4 accts, I have 2 chars, she has one, and 1 common trader. What should we do? I dont want to write chars' names to here, ready to write in PM to admins.
This rule based on checking IPs and voice interview makes a mess, IMHO. And what abt newcomers? They will not understand such complicated rules and leave this server for good without playing.
Why don't you guys just release a patch which will check MAC of a machine and will not allow 1 or 2 boxes per machine or anything. Can't imagine a guy who's playing 2 machines at the same time.
Strimex, the staff tries to limit 2 online accounts per person and not per pc and Yes there are guys who are playing 2 machines at the same time. You only have to mention the chars that you and your wife will be playing actively. Of course this measure doesn't include offline shops. To my mind, having a second ip can give you an extra 3 offline shops without having to notify the gms cause you won't be playing them actively. If I am wrong, please correct me.

I would like to ask at this point: what if during the online voice discussion a person who uses two machines brings a friend/relative who doesn't play on this server, to state that he/she is using the 2/4 online accounts from the same ip. Will the white-listed players never been checked again? Or will this possibility be limited to reported cases from other players in the future?
[Image: 293evxe.jpg]
[Image: 23u2cn8.jpg]
(10-13-2015, 12:08 PM)Strimex Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
Still can't understand. The rule was 2 boxes per 1 person, and now the rule is only one box/person?
And what abt offline traders? If I have an offline trader, I will have to login with it in 2nd box anyway just to transfer stuff, money or whatever to the main char. Is this will be the rule violation?
Anyway, my wife and me have 4 accts, I have 2 chars, she has one, and 1 common trader. What should we do? I dont want to write chars' names to here, ready to write in PM to admins.
This rule based on checking IPs and voice interview makes a mess, IMHO. And what abt newcomers? They will not understand such complicated rules and leave this server for good without playing.
Why don't you guys just release a patch which will check MAC of a machine and will not allow 1 or 2 boxes per machine or anything. Can't imagine a guy who's playing 2 machines at the same time.

The policy is the old-same. The rules have not changed. MAC checking is already in place, not allowing more than 1 account + 1 box per pc. But as mrbobe mentioned there are people with more than 2 pcs. If we applied the rule of max 2 accounts per ip we would punish people that honestly play with their friends/ family. Hence, the 10 min voice convo. Offline shop is a separate system that functions on its' own and is not influenced by this. 
[Image: useless-box-o.gif]
(10-13-2015, 01:44 PM)ChinaTown Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
The policy is the old-same. The rules have not changed. MAC checking is already in place, not allowing more than 1 account + 1 box per pc. But as mrbobe mentioned there are people with more than 2 pcs. If we applied the rule of max 2 accounts per ip we would punish people that honestly play with their friends/ family. Hence, the 10 min voice convo. Offline shop is a separate system that functions on its' own and is not influenced by this. 

To make summary, as I understand, only 2 online simultaneous accounts are allowed per IP, doesnt matter 1 PC is in use or 2. No need in voice conversation.
To get permission for more than 2 online accounts per IP players must have voice conversation with you, 2 online accounts per 1 player. OK.
But this is the matter. Dishonest player can easily use VPN and start as much boxes as he can. And I do agree with mrbobe that dishonest player can invite a friend or girlfriend who doesn't play the game.
"Dishonest player can easily use VPN and start as much boxes as he can. And I do agree with mrbobe that dishonest player can invite a friend or girlfriend who doesn't play the game."

that's what I've been saying for a couple of days. These filters are just pointless and you will end up getting rid of this rule at some point. Right now if I want I can log each of my 6 or 7 characters and you will never know. Plus not to mention the ridiculous excuses I'm reading in this thread for be allowed to multibox (Mpiftekia *cough* *cough*)
Hello,

some times i play with my girlfriend and we therefore start 3 accounts simultaneously. Here is the list of characters that we usually play and switch between.

Sonagh
Adriel
Leyah
Stavros

Helena
Samuel

Rameaux
Ruven
Sornaraugh
Gnarg
There is nothing wrong with multiboxes and multiple characters, as long as they don’t have an automated behavior (bot programs). If someone can rent 5 PCs in a net, its perfectly fine to log 10 chars, as long as they don’t play by themselves. He can use them as cameras for raids, or for extra buffs, or active sellers, extra recharges for crafters, or anything. All these actions requiring a person to look/use the windows from time to time and this is why boxed characters -that are not botting- should be perfectly fine for a server.

A boxed character is NOT a bot, its two different things. A dancer on /delay command or a recharger on /dance and /recharge macro is not a bot, its a game mechanism.

The problem here is not the “how many boxes”. The GMs should hunt only the automated behaviors behind the extra characters -something that requires far less time and effort than that silly “interview” idea. Is he recharging to a certain MP percentage? The main char leaves only the arrows down? It plays with the same way for hours? Its a spoiler with no shots that EXP on blue mobs? All these should be the problem. The “character number” by itself is not a problem.

The rules should be simple: 2 chars per PC (mac address), no questions asked and the GMs should hunt only automated behaviors.