Poll: Do you want to have global chat in-game?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Global Chat
(08-03-2015, 12:55 AM)Suvex Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
We want to keep the server retail, not to convert the concept retail to a dogma used to go against every suggestion, even if it is a minimal change whose effect doesn't change the game experience considerably.
A thing that I'm sure that breaks the retail option is to add a GMshop, and that is an extreme change with huge effects on the dynamics of gameplay.

That is, in spite of being a thread opened in the begining of server, I still think it deserves to be discussed as I see it as a tool for better communication that is optional (can be blocked) and can be restricted in several ways to avoid spam.

Jesus Christ, give this man a fucking cookie.

All the Naysayers are just trying to shut down discussion, because of their fear of not being retail-like, while at the very same time, retail like features can be improved in order to ensure better gameplay, without causing anyone any hurt.

Suvex already gave an excellent alternative, that can be customized, did you people even read it or is it your hobby to just come here to say no?
Keep in mind, that the poll favors this change, and there are good ideas for the implementation in a way that it doesn't disturb you if you don't want to be disturbed by it.
(08-03-2015, 12:18 PM)Warden Wrote:
Suvex already gave an excellent alternative, that can be customized, did you people even read it or is it your hobby to just come here to say no?
Keep in mind, that the poll favors this change, and there are good ideas for the implementation in a way that it doesn't disturb you if you don't want to be disturbed by it.

Warden, this thread has been open for a long time now and for quite some time the poll was winning on the no side. Even now the difference is not that huge to implement this option. You also mentioned that global chat would improve gameplay without causing trouble. I disagree with you on this. As I said earlier, global chat would be a helpful tool for those who need to ask or look for something important ( trading, bom/mom loc , server info ) but at the same time it would be a means of mass spam. The idea to have global chat was first mentioned when no heroes existed on the server. We already have a second period of heroes and someone can ask for something through their hero voice. Finally, we "Naysayers" don't try to shut down this thread because global chat will be not retail-like but because it's pointless at this stage of the game. We could have asked this thread to close when NO was favored, but we didn't do it.
[Image: 293evxe.jpg]
[Image: 23u2cn8.jpg]
(08-03-2015, 01:36 PM)mrbobe Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 12:18 PM)Warden Wrote:

Warden, this thread has been open for a long time now and for quite some time the poll was winning on the no side. Even now the difference is not that huge to implement this option. You also mentioned that global chat would improve gameplay without causing trouble. I disagree with you on this. As I said earlier, global chat would be a helpful tool for those who need to ask or look for something important ( trading, bom/mom loc , server info ) but at the same time it would be a means of mass spam. The idea to have global chat was first mentioned when no heroes existed on the server. We already have a second period of heroes and someone can ask for something through their hero voice. Finally, we "Naysayers" don't try to shut down this thread because global chat will be not retail-like but because it's pointless at this stage of the game. We could have asked this thread to close when NO was favored, but we didn't do it.

Well, you'll have to deal with the fact that as more people join the sever, they will vote, and if their votes change the yes/no ratio, they will have to be taken into consideration. Also, the point that this is a customizable option, still stands.
It may surprise you Warden but I have voted yes in this poll, when it opened like 3 months ago, check my post in the first page. Things changed, so there should be no global chat.
It should only change if a new vote is made and the majority of votters vote no.
Hello . Coming from official servers I was at first wanting to say "no" to global chat.

But then I came to a realisation. Oh wait on official servers in C6 if I shouted in Giran as an EE LFP there was 4-5 ppl messaging me instantly to join their party. Or if I wanted to buy composite helmet parts i just had to shout in Giran too and someone would answer me with their price. Thing is, we are on a low pop private server. Not official. With 4000 people (or bots, granted) buzzing around in Giran.

So i dunno. For the sake of making things easier for new people, why dont we leave Chinatown to give it a try? Just to see if our community can behave and not be retarded on Global chat. Because I for one, has faith in us =)
Kaya right now you won't see people shouting in Giran, because server economy is a bit frozen. For trading there is offline shop(sell/buy) plus mail if someone is offline, so you can reach him and in each territory you can add messages accessed from community as well if you want to sell/buy/trade. These ways are more than enough for me. For instant sell/buy/trade you can use heroes. We don't need global chat.
Believe mrbobe, I understand. But for exemple today I was looking for a party all day and no heroes online, or who responded to my query, and nobody cared to log into party matching apparently. Or there was that guy that needs to buy Valhalla blades and has to teleport to VoS, ToI and other places just to shout a "WTB" to ppl who might be there and have it as drop.

It s just, i know i dont want to see flames in marsian or swahili either in chat, but as Chinatown has it planned I would trust him to give it a try, as well as our community.
i really hope you guys dont implement this global chat thing, thats not how the game is ment to be. and its NOT retail at all.
We have sorc idiot with global chat and it gives nothing for game. Make global chat for everyone and i will make macros of bullshit until you will remove it or ban me.