Poll: Do you want to have global chat in-game?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Global Chat
There were numerous enquiries about global chat throughout our pre-launch phase. Some of them were for, others against the implementation of a global chat feature. This outlines the advantages and concerns we've received so far:

For global chat: Some players felt like it is truly beneficial to their overall experience and allows them socialize and communicate with other players better.

Against global chat: Other players expressed a concern that Hero Voice should be the only 'global chat' and that it should remain exclusive to Hero characters only, or that such a feature is not retail-like.

You may have been aware that global chat was temporarily enabled today to give you, the players, a first-hand feel of how it affects your gameplay.

And now it's time for you to give your say and decide - global chat, or not.
global chat till the second or third month since launch, then set it down only for hero voice, thats enough time to organization and meeting friends/cp party or clans/ally and stuff.

and pls do something with conection issues (2nd box and 1st)
Keep the global chat until the first hero or if that takes long, for 1-2months
[Image: 293evxe.jpg]
[Image: 23u2cn8.jpg]
I vote for it, obviously. :)
Haven't you had enough QQ on global chat already? It's bad enough we only have 150 people on, you want that number to go down even more? So many people (especially Greek people) login just to comment on how low the activity is or how this is a failure etc. You don't want to scare away any newcomers.
I vote for no global chat
1. It's easier for trolls to get to people
2. 90% of the messages were utter spam, not to mention that only 10% of them were in English, my entire chat log was full of stuff I didn't understand
3. Too much negative comments about how many players are online might get to some people
After experiencing the cesspool of comments in the global chat, mainly comparisons of this and every other server people have played on, I voted no.
Use the damn party matchmaking if you want to socialize/communicate/make party or whatever else you want.I know I should probably post this at the suggestions but maybe you could make an announcement tip(like the offline shop) to use the party matchmaking cause the last 2 servers i played noone ever used it.
Could I post about a possible medium? Make the trade chat global, but with a limit of ONE post per each 5 minutes. That way, when the server is in its early days, we could easily announce that there are shots on sale in MDT for example.
If somebody breaks that 5 minute rule, simple chat ban for 10 minutes.

Shout shouldn't be global, but if people want to get there goods out to around the world, they can do. And if people find it a bit annoying, well they can always just go into the system and untick +trade to show in their chat, can't they?
(05-09-2015, 12:04 PM)Amrx Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
Could I post about a possible medium? Make the trade chat global, but with a limit of ONE post per each 5 minutes. That way, when the server is in its early days, we could easily announce that there are shots on sale in MDT for example.
If somebody breaks that 5 minute rule, simple chat ban for 10 minutes.

Shout shouldn't be global, but if people want to get there goods out to around the world, they can do. And if people find it a bit annoying, well they can always just go into the system and untick +trade to show in their chat, can't they?

That's actually a very solid idea